6 Thing I've Learnt From My Hometown-Jammu (जम्मू )-A City Where I Found Myself



Jammu (जम्मू )-The City Where I Found Myself.
I was born in Srinagar,I lived there till 2007. Then my parents shifted to Jammu.
I think this decision was the best decision for us. I've seen my parents strugging here.I've seen both bad and good times here. Jammu has taught me everything.
Some of them are :
1)I've learnt how to talk to people in a sweet and calculated manner. (Gal nhi aakhde Te gal nhi saarde Dende ne jawab toli toil As Khand Mitthe Log Dogre)
2.I've learnt thanking god for this beautiful life(Jammu de loka di jeev nhi ghasdi Mata Rani da naa liye).
3.I've heard success stories of people who have started from Zero and now touching heights;
•Girdari kachalu wala
•Chajju Halwai
•Pehalwan Sweets
•Prem Di Hatti ,Kud Wale
And so many big names . Hardwork and honesty is in blood of people of Jammu. Even a guy selling Kimb Kachalu roadside try to serve his best in every plate.
4. I've seen heritage ruining and people working hard to restore it here recklessly.
Biggest example is "we" the food,travel,cultural bloggers of Jammu,working day and night for promoting Tourism, Cultural heritage of Jammu.
5. I've learned that climatic conditions, available resources, money, qualification nothing matters if you have determination and passion to achieve what you want.
(General Zorawar Singh Kahluri is the biggest example. He was a Dogra. He had conquered Ladakh, Tibet, Baltistan. He has been referred by historians as the "Conqueror of Ladakh" and the "Napoleon of India". He's the one who's responsible of Ladakh being part of India today)
6) I've spent a long time with my Nani ghar, a Dogra family . They had not only taught me Dogra cuisine and culture but also one most precious learning of my life- Selflessness and that's the true spirit of Jammu
These were the 6 things I've learnt from Jammu-the city of temples.

Comments

Post a Comment